Kindergarten Week 13

Another week has ended!  A new one is about to begin!  We had a lot of fun this week, especially with our big project and a new writing plan!


We are finishing up a study on the grasslands!  Just a few more days left and then it is one to studying the forest! We had fun using these clip cards to figure out what type of grassland each of these animals lived in.


Part of testing her knowledge of the grasslands was doing this writing paper.  I ask her to draw a grassland and then two animals that live in the grassland.


Our big project this week was making this grasslands box.  We did a small portion of the project each day this week and on Friday we added our animals and the kids got to play with it.  My 2 year old was so excited to add animals to the box.  He came running over with his favorite animal, his shark.  He got a lesson on why sharks do not belong in the grasslands!


Someone posted this idea for writing rubrics on Facebook early this week so I decided to try and make a few on my own.  This is the first one I made.  This was my daughter's first attempt at writing sentences on her own, and it was a huge success!  I love that these sheets can guide her to writing simple sentences!


I found this wonderful sentence and picture sorting activity at The Curriculum Corner.  They had a lot of great community helper themed items.  I read the sentences to my kinder and she had to find the community helper that matched the sentence.


Another thing we did for community helpers was to fill out this sheet.  My mom was helping her with this while I ran some errands.  My mom said that my daughter said she did not want to be anything when she grew up, but that she finally game up with something.  My mom showed me the picture she drew and said, "She wants to be you."  She drew herself holding a baby with 2 others in cribs.  She wants to be a mommy. 


Here was one of our crafts this week.  It was a lot harder than I imagined.  We glued the feathers onto the turkey, but had to stick the feathers between the parts of the pine cone so they would stay standing.  We had to glue the poor guys eyes on several times because they kept sliding off.  He is now proudly displayed on our book shelf!


We started learning about weights this week.  This activity we did was to find things that weighed as much as a penny!  We found out that her bracelet, 2 plastic connectors and one flat 2X8 Lego equals the weight of our penny!



MORE WAYS TO CONNECT

Subscribe below to our email list for the latest blog posts, products, sales and freebies! 

Comments

Popular Post

Using Pouch Tops in the Classroom

One Hundred Ways to Celebrate the 100th Day of School

Letter M Activities

Letter B Activities

Letter F Activities

Letter K Activities

Pinecone Activities

Letter J Activities

Apples Apples Apples!

Letter A Activities