Apples Apples Apples!

Here is a collection of apple activities we have done this year!  I did these with my five year old and my 2 year old!


Here was our first art project!  The letter outline we used can be found in my Lowercase Letter Outlines!


We got to be scientists as we studied what part of an apple floats or sinks.  The recording pages can be found in this Let's Be Scientists packet!  I wrote a more detailed blog post about it HERE!


 

We looked at and sequenced the life cycle of an apple.  We also did this art project where my kids colored their apple then tore red paper to decorate it!  My two year old LOVED ripping up the paper! These printables can be found in this Apple Themed Packet!


We used this hundred's chart number recognition activity to kick off our apple theme this year!  The number chart came from Simply Kinder but I could not find where the pattern we used came from.


This is a neat little art project my son (2 years old) did at MOPs!  I'm sure they assisted his painting, but it would be a fun apple craft for Pre-K!


Here is an awesome shape sorting activity with an apple theme!   Put the worms on the correct shaped apple!  Super cute and a lot of fun for my kiddos!  You can get a copy of it HERE.



Do you have access to Legos or other building blocks?  You can make apples out of them!  I made this example for my 5 year old.  She decided to make a yellow apple but destroyed it before I could take a picture of it. 

My son loved putting counters on his apple counting mats!  This set goes from 1-20, but we only did 1-5 since we are just starting to learn about numbers.


One of our newest obsessions is mini erasers!  I have collected a fair number to use with our alphabet mats!  We have apples to use with the letter A!


Practice handwriting with this apple salt tray activity.
These apple cards make a great addition to a salt tray writing center.   We use paint brushes and different kinds of sticks to practice writing in the salt.  (The apple cards are part of this packet --> Apple Cards and Alphabet Puzzles)


Match numbers to the corrosponding tens frame.Use mini erasers to practice counting to each number.
 These apple themed number activities are great for practicing numbers 1-10.  The first picture shows a center where the apple number cards can be matched to 'a' ten frames and the second picture shows where we used apple erasers to count out each number.  (These apple cards are part of this packet -- Letter A Activities)


Other Apple Activities (I forgot to get pictures!)
-- Apple Graphing: What is my favorite color apple?
-- Apple Prints: Cut an apple open and dip in paint and press it on paper to make prints.
-- Apple Taste Testing:  What apple does each student like to eat the most?
-- Apple Volcanoes:  Take the core out of the apple and add baking soda and vinegar!


Apple Foods and Snacks:
Apple Cider
Apple Cobbler
Apple Juice
Apple Pie
Apple Pretzels
Apple Slices
Apple Turnovers
Applesauce  

For more Apple Themed ideas, please check out my Apple Themed Pinterest Boards!

Happy Fall Everyone!




Do you see something you like in this post and want to come back later to see it?  Pin the picture above (top left hand corner) so you can easily come back later!




MORE WAYS TO CONNECT

Subscribe below to our email list for the latest blog posts, products, sales and freebies! 

Comments

  1. I love all these apple activities! They incorporate so many different subjects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very fortunate to be able to visit your page. Amazing work

    ReplyDelete
  3. yengeç eğitim anaokulu mobilyaları eğitici oyuncaklar kreş oyuncakları

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Post

Using Pouch Tops in the Classroom

One Hundred Ways to Celebrate the 100th Day of School

Letter M Activities

Letter B Activities

Letter F Activities

Letter K Activities

Pinecone Activities

Letter J Activities

Letter A Activities