Letter B Activities

We have finally started the letter B.  We began by telling my 2 year old that the letter B is the first letter in his name.  He wasn't impressed.  He has no motivation to do any of the letter B crafts so far.  He was so excited about letter A and doing "school" with sissy, I thought he would like to continue with new activities.  I guess the novelty of it has worn off.


Look for things that start with the letter B!Find things around the room that start with the letter B!
Letter hunts are so much fun!  We went through our toy room and found a variety of items that start with B!  A bowl from the kitchen area, blocks, a bug, a bus, a bear, a bow, a ball, a letter B from our alphabet puzzle, a banana from our fruit puzzle and a bridge from our train set!

My five year old wanted to get in on the letter B action so I asked her if she could make a "bee pattern" on her letter B.  She said, "Yes!  That is so easy!" and the above is what she made for me.

My two year old was tasked with coloring his letter B black and blue.  He was more into his trains at the time, so this is all he wanted to do.

B is for butterfly!  This craft is made from writing the letter B on construction paper and then cutting it out and decorating.  The instructions are free in my store!

I let my son color on a letter B that I wrote on the white board for him!  His sister does work on this board and it made him feel special and important to have "school work" on the big white board as well!

B is for Balls!  Balls are such a fun theme to do with the letter B.  You can talk about sports, the shape of a circle and do a lot of gross motor activities with balls.   I made these counting cards for my son to practice counting with as we work through the letter B!

 We use pouch tops to build our letters each week!  These are such great fine motor activities.  If you do not have pouch tops, you can use other small manipulatives or even mini erasers to fill in the circles of these Alphabet Mats.

Use these alphabet mats inside page protectors to create your own playdough mats to build the letter B!

And when you are done with playdough, use magazine cut outs of letters to sort capital and lowercase letter Bs! These letter mats are great for multiple activities!


This letter book was used to introduce the letter B to my 4 year old.  Each page features a different B word for him to practice beginning sounds.  (This book is part of this packet ---> Letter B Activity Packet)

Both of my kids have loved letter find activities, so this one was a big hit with my son. (This page is part of this packet ---> Alphabet Letter Finds)


These three pages are also from the alphabet packet.  The first page is a graphing page.  The second page is a cut and paste page to practice the letter B sound.  The third page is a cut and paste for letter recognition.  (These pages are part of this packet ---> Letter B Activity Packet)

This letter B flip book is a great addition to our letter activities.  We did 2 pages each day to help with letter recognition, letter sounds and letter writing.  (This flip book is found here ---> Letter B Flip Book)
This sorting activity was fun for my 4 year old to sort pictures that began with the letter B from pictures that did not begin with the letter B.  (This sort is part of this packet ---> Letter B Packet with Real Photographs)



 My son absolutely loves clip cards, so I made sure to have a set for each letter!  These are for practicing beginning sounds.  (These clip cards are part of this packet ---> Letter B Packet with Real Photographs)


These letter cards were used in conjunction with the letter book to introduce letter B words.  (These cards are part of this packet ---> Letter B Activity Packet

B is for bug!  These bug counting cards were used by my son to put the numbers 1-8 in order.  We then used mini erasers to count to each number.  (These cards are part of this packet ---> Letter B Activity Packet


 The letter puzzles are also a fun hands on way to reinforce both beginning sounds and counting to 10.  (These puzzles are part of this packet ---> Letter B Activity Packet)





Other Letter B Themes

Baking
Ballerina/Ballet
Baseball
Basketball
Bats
Bears
Bees
Birds
Black
Blue
Breakfast
Brown
Bubbles
Bugs
Buttons


Letter B Songs and Chants

Apples and Bananas

Letter B Song
B says /b/
B says /b/
Every letter makes a sound
B says /b/

Letter B Chant
Big B, Little B
What begins with B?
Bug, bus and baseball
All begin with B!

My Bonnie Lies Overs the Ocean
My Bonnie lies over the ocean
My Bonnie lies over the sea
My Bonnie lies over the ocean
Oh bring back my Bonnie to me.
Bring back, bring back
Oh bring back my Bonnie to me, to me
Bring back, bring back
Oh bring back my Bonnie to me, to me
(Stand up and Sit Down every time you hear the /b/ sound -- sing the song faster for fun)


Letter B Snacks and Foods

Bacon
Bagels
Bananas
Berries
Biscuits
Blackberries
Blueberries
Bread/Buns
Buttered Noodles
Buttered Toast














MORE WAYS TO CONNECT

Subscribe below to our email list for the latest blog posts, products, sales and freebies! 

Comments

Popular Post

Using Pouch Tops in the Classroom

One Hundred Ways to Celebrate the 100th Day of School

Letter M Activities

Letter F Activities

Letter K Activities

Pinecone Activities

Letter J Activities

Apples Apples Apples!

Letter A Activities