Kindergarten Week 23

Sickness hits our home again on Monday.  It was a bad morning but thankfully only one kid was sick and no one else succumbed to the illness.


My daughter is quite excited about loosing her first tooth.  She does not even have a loose tooth yet, but since her cousin has lost several she is now convinced she will loose one soon.  I had not planned to playing tooth fairy for my kids, but my niece convinced my daughter there is one and she couldn't be more excited about it.  Since she shares a room with her brother, we decided to make a tooth fairy box so I do not have to sneak into her room and risk waking them both up.


We started our Valentine themed activities this week.  Above are sight word cards to practice spelling sight words.


I was scrolling pinterest looking for some fun crafty activities and my daughter saw this craft and HAD to do it!


She begged to complete the fish from pinterest.  I told her if we have all the materials, we could work on it right then!  She is still playing with her fish!


We used this heart template to decorate our own Valentine heart.  This is a great, simple craft for any age.


My preschooler wanted to play his "matchy matchy" game.  It is the first time we have played this particular version as he got it as a Christmas gift.  He LOVED learning all the different animal names and finding the two that matched.  I think this will be our go-to matching game from now on.  The others may just disappear!


We continue to work on our sight words.  My daughter loves watching sight word videos and I created QR code cards so that we can easily get to the videos as we want to watch them.  I have not found the entire list of words on their own song for free yet, but I save them all as I find them!
MORE WAYS TO CONNECT

Subscribe below to our email list for the latest blog posts, products, sales and freebies! 

Comments

Popular Post

Using Pouch Tops in the Classroom

One Hundred Ways to Celebrate the 100th Day of School

Letter M Activities

Letter B Activities

Letter F Activities

Letter K Activities

Pinecone Activities

Letter J Activities

Apples Apples Apples!

Letter A Activities