Activities to do with REAL Pumpkins!

It's fall and the day before Halloween!  Are you looking for some fun last minute ideas for your pumpkin other than just carving it?  Here is what we have done with our pumpkins!


I first bought three pumpkins, one for each of my children.  I let them sit outside and paint them any way they desired!  They turned out wonderful!  I use them as decoration on my counter!


I also bought a small pumpkin pie pumpkin to do come activities with.  I cut the top from the pumpkin and dug out the insides.  I let my daughter feel the inside and had her pick out the seeds.


After washing and drying the seeds, we counted how many we had with a pumpkin seed counting mat.  I first, before even cutting the pumpkin, had her predict how many she thought would be in there.  She guessed 50.  We had 77 seeds total!  Apparently smooth pumpkin have less seeds.  I learned this after picking out this pumpkin.  Some people had pumpkins of similar sizes with over 400 seeds! 


We then turned our pumpkin into a volcano!  I put two heaping tablespoons of baking soda then added one cup of vinegar!  My kids LOVED watching it!  We had to repeat the experiment 4 times!  Thankfully baking soda and vinegar are not expensive!






MORE WAYS TO CONNECT

Subscribe below to our email list for the latest blog posts, products, sales and freebies! 

Comments

Popular Post

Using Pouch Tops in the Classroom

One Hundred Ways to Celebrate the 100th Day of School

Letter M Activities

Letter B Activities

Letter F Activities

Letter K Activities

Pinecone Activities

Letter J Activities

Apples Apples Apples!

Mini Eraser Ideas and Uses