Kindergarten Week 22

We had a pretty light week this week.  My daughter decided to try out the magnet blocks her brother got for Christmas.  They both had fun making shapes, cars, pizzas and trains.  I let them play half the morning with them.

My daughter showed me this creation and said, "This is a shape mommy, but I don't know what it is called."


We talked about the letter D a little with my 2 year old and made this "D for Dot" craft.   They both loved dotting the q-tip on their letter D paper!


This new activity was by far the highlight of our evening on Wednesday.  I printed a few of these road mat sight words for my daughter drive her little cars on.  She said each letter as she drove the car then said the word as she finished driving on each word.


My daughter asked my as I was typing up the "One Hundred Activities for the 100th Day of School" post when she was going to get to celebrate... well we do a number worksheet every morning to practice writing and counting, and I have been using them to count our days of school as well.  I told her she had a few days left, but we would celebrate when we got there.  I have not counted in field trip days we have done, because it has just been easier not too, so while it says we are on day 79, we are really around 85/86 if you add in field trip days.


On Friday, my daughter asked for cereal for breakfast.  This is a rare request as waffles are usually our go to breakfast,  I told her she could and she chose her daddy's favorite marshmallow filled cereal.  After filling her plate, (yes, plate.  She eats it dry) I said, "WAIT! Don't eat the marshmallows yet!"  I opened my computer files and printed off the above pictured graphing page and data recording sheet I had made a while ago.  My daughter said it was her favorite activity of the day! 
MORE WAYS TO CONNECT

Subscribe below to our email list for the latest blog posts, products, sales and freebies! 

Comments

Popular Post

Using Pouch Tops in the Classroom

One Hundred Ways to Celebrate the 100th Day of School

Letter M Activities

Letter B Activities

Letter F Activities

Letter K Activities

Pinecone Activities

Letter J Activities

Apples Apples Apples!

Letter A Activities