Kindergarten Week 5

Another week is done!  We had a lot of fun this week.  After having a day off on Monday due to Irma, we kicked our school days back up on Tuesday.  My daughter did NOT want to have school.  After four days off, who can blame her.  This is the reason we do year round school.  It keeps her in a routine and that keeps her from becoming upset when things have to change!

We started our week off by going on a leaf hunt.  We started our fall themed activities last week and so this week we focused specifically on fall leaves.


These pictures show my daughter picking up a leaf she found and the other is a close up of the collection of leaves and sticks we ended up with at the end of our walk!                                 


As we were going through our pile of leaves and sorting them by color (our first activity with our leaves) my daughter got quite the surprise!  "MOM!  Something just fell off one of my leaves onto the chair!  I don't know what it is and I'm NOT going to touch it!"  We placed him outside in a good dirt covered area since our house is not the ideal place for worms to live.

We did a lot of activities with out fall leaves which I have detailed in my post called, "Activities to do with Real Leaves!"  Guess what?!  They are all free!


Since we have had some pretty awesome weather this week, we have taken a least on, if not two, walks everyday.  Yesterday we came across this swallowtail butterfly.   We also saw several very nice sunsets!


We continue to work on beginning sounds.  I feel she has just about mastered this skill.  She has gotten where, if she doesn't get into an "I don't want to" mood, she can do these all on her own!


I made these fall themed playing cards to help teach my daughter some new games.  She LOVED playing war!  She even beat Mommy, which made her super excited!  We played a version of Go Fish (I called it Grab a Leaf) and Uno with these cards.  You can find a copy of my fall playing cards in my TpT store!


Another activity we did for fall was to make this finger print fall tree!


If you home school younger kids, this book is a must!  My daughter loves having little lessons out of this book that align with whatever science or social studies unit we are studying.  This week we are learning about natural resources.


After reading our science book lesson and the next day reading from the Encyclopedia, we did this sorting activity to see how will my kinder understood the concept of renewable and nonrenewable resources.  I think she did well!


We have just begun looking at maps.  We started with this blank map and I had her place the pictures on the map where she wanted.  I then asked her various questions about different places on the map to see what she knew about maps and what I needed to focus on teaching her about maps.

I know this is quite a long post, but we had so much fun this week with our school!



Do you see something you like in this post and want to come back later to see it?  Pin the picture above (top left hand corner) so you can easily come back later!
MORE WAYS TO CONNECT

Subscribe below to our email list for the latest blog posts, products, sales and freebies! 

Comments

Popular Post

Using Pouch Tops in the Classroom

One Hundred Ways to Celebrate the 100th Day of School

Letter M Activities

Letter F Activities

Letter B Activities

Letter K Activities

Pinecone Activities

Letter J Activities

Apples Apples Apples!

Letter A Activities