Dab a Sight Word Dolch 1st Grade

I've been using these dab a sight word sheets with my daughter for a while now, but I was using a different list of words than typically used with Dolch words, fully believing it was the actual Dolch list, but after going a while I noticed words were missing from the list I was using and so I did more research.  The list I have is not a bad list, but I really wanted the Dolch list for her.  So now I'm making these dab a sight word sheets with the actual list, grade level specific and the pages have the words in order of frequency.

My daughter loves using her colored chips to complete these pages.  She gets very excited when she finishes one and runs to tell me.  I love that this gets her practice with seeing the words and it is something she can do completely on her own.  We go over each word two or three times before she starts covering the words and I encourage her to say the words as she covers them.


This is a copy of a typical page in the packet.

There are three ways you can use these pages:
  1. As the name suggests, you can use the dab it markers to complete the page.
  2. Go for less potential mess by simply coloring with crayons and marker.  
  3. Use colored chips to cover the words. 
The color code on these sheets were designed specifically for #3 (expect page 6 since I had to add an extra color).  I have a set of colored chips I bought from Amazon that my daughter uses on these pages.





To get your copy of the dab a sight word pages for Dolch 1st grade, click HERE!

Other Dolch Word Dabbers:
PrePrimer HERE
Primer HERE
2nd Grade HERE
3rd Grade HERE

Bundle of all 220 HERE


Comments

Popular Post

Using Pouch Tops in the Classroom

One Hundred Ways to Celebrate the 100th Day of School

Letter M Activities

Letter F Activities

Letter B Activities

Letter K Activities

Pinecone Activities

Letter J Activities

Apples Apples Apples!

Letter A Activities