Living and Nonliving Sorting Activity

I've been planning some science activities to do with my daughter for Kindergarten.  One of the first lessons in the science book I have talks about living and nonliving things.  I have created my own living and nonliving sorting activity that uses real photographs for her to sort into the appropriate category.


I have also made an activity where she must determine if something is living or not based on answering questions.  This activity is called, "Am I living?"  It poses five questions to the student.  Do I grow and change?  Do I eat food?  Do I breathe?  Do I reproduce? and finally, Am I living.  If the answer to all of the first four questions is yes, then your picture is living.  If any of the answers are no, then the picture is not living.  Below is an example one question in the file.


Both of these products are available for purchase in my store!


To purchase the sorting activity, click HERE.

To purchase "Am I living?" click HERE.

Comments

Popular Post

Using Pouch Tops in the Classroom

One Hundred Ways to Celebrate the 100th Day of School

Letter M Activities

Letter F Activities

Letter B Activities

Letter K Activities

Pinecone Activities

Letter J Activities

Apples Apples Apples!

Letter A Activities