Back to School -- Addition Pencil Puzzles

I don't normally worry about back to school themed items because we are doing year round schooling.  Yep, year round.  I found that when we took breaks, even just two or three days, my daughter did not want to get back into the school routine.  It is much easier when she knows it is school time verses her getting upset because she didn't know we were going to do school today.

Our rule is if daddy is home, there is no school, unless she requests to do school, which she has a few times.  They do not get to see him much, just an hour in the evenings, so if he has a day off work I let the kids spend as much time with them as they want. We also take sick days, or special days when we have visitors and such.  I aim for 180 days per year, or an average of 15 days a month.  If we don't quite get 180, I am not going to stress it as long as we learn the material we needed to learn for that year.

Right now, for the Pre-K year, we must do every weekday between now and the end of the month to get 180 days.  I was going to have more leeway, but my daughter took an impromptu trip with her grandmother this week.  She is having a blast with her cousin and aunt.  I have the two boys and the day my daughter left, they both got sick.  We probably would not have had lessons anyways with me dealing with two sick babies.


I thought this would be a cute idea for those who do use a back to school theme.
These addition puzzles include all facts for sums up to 10.  Simply print, cut out and laminate for durability and you have yourself a set of addition fact puzzles.  I plan to use these later in the year when I get finished teaching the addition facts, or I may introduce the puzzles as the facts are taught.  I haven't decided which way to do it yet.



To get your copy of Addition Fact Puzzles, click HERE!


Comments

Popular Post

Using Pouch Tops in the Classroom

One Hundred Ways to Celebrate the 100th Day of School

Letter M Activities

Letter B Activities

Letter F Activities

Letter K Activities

Pinecone Activities

Letter J Activities

Apples Apples Apples!

Letter A Activities